October 14, 2009

Update on NYC marathon run for cancer research

We mentioned in a previous posting that SunStar senior account executive will be running in the upcoming NYC marathon and is raising money for cancer research.

So how she training? According to an article in her hometown paper:

I’m cross-training. It’s very important for me to avoid injury. Most running programs recommend four running days a week.I’m doing three days of running – one endurance run, one interval training run (sprint-jog-sprint) about seven miles, and one that’s not quite as long as the endurance run but you run faster. I bike to work quite a bit, I take a spinning class, then some weight training and Pilates. It’s a multidisciplinary approach. It’s advice from friends that have done it and tips from the NYC Marathon site. Click here for the full article.

She is still a bit short of her $3000 goal so click here if you want to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment